You are now a graduate student at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi. Now what do you do?
Follow these easy steps to get started. Please don't hesitate to contact the department if you have any questions or concerns!
After you are accepted to attend:
Register for Courses:
- Is your graduate admission file incomplete? Get help from your advisor to complete your file.
- See your Academic Advisor, assigned Faculty Advisor, or check your online Degree Planner at http://degreeplanner.tamucc.edu/ to determine your course schedule.
- Next, check the schedule of classes on S.A.I.L and write down the course number of each class you would like to take. You can also obtain a schedule of classes from the Student Services Center (361)825-2624
- During registration, log onto S.A.I.L to sign up for classes.
- New admitted students will need to claim their Island ID. Follow this link and click on “New User.” You will need to have your A-Number ready, which should have been provided in your university acceptance letter. After clicking the button, follow the steps that are given.
ID Card: Get a Sanddollar$, photo ID card.
GRAD0010: What Every Graduate Student Needs to Know Informational Blackboard Course:
- If the course does not already appear in your blackboard, find GRAD0010 by logging into blackboard and selecting the "Courses" tab and using the Course Search bar to search by course ID "GRAD0010" or by course name "What Every Graduate Student Needs to Know".
- This is not an actual course, but a collection of important information and resources about graduate education at TAMUCC.
- Note: You will not be able to access blackboard until you have been accepted into the University and have a student ID.
- If you are an international student, stop by the International Students Advisor's office for an important welcome overview. Please call 361-825-2258 for more information.
Health Center Forms:
- Submit copies of your immunizations,TB test or chest x-ray and confirmation of receipt of Bacterial Meningitis information directly to the University Health Center
- PER STATE LAW, all students must submit confirmation of having received : Important Information about BACTERIAL MENINGITIS. (simply follow this link to comply: http://admissions.tamucc.edu/meningitis.html )
Buy or Rent your Textbooks:
- If you need to purchase textbooks, they can be purchased through the University Bookstore located in the University Center.
Get a parking permit:
- Parking passes can be purchased at the Business Office located in the Student Services Center.
Downloadable version of this guide